June 26th to 28th, 2023
Cité des Congrès de Nantes
General public week-end
June 24th-25th, 2023
Museum de Nantes
YOUNG CHEMISTS ACTIVITIES AT SCF23
The Organisation Committee designed activities especially relevant to early-career chemists, thanks to the partnership with the French Young Chemists Network (RJ-SCF).
Apply for a Grant
- Be a volunteer at SCF’23: The Young chemist symposium is looking for volunteers to be involved in its local organization. You will have a unique opportunity to meet lecturers. Be a volunteer and get a free registration at the conference! Limited number of spots. Check the call for volunteers.
- Grants from SCF: SCF provides grants for students and young researchers. Check SCF website for more info.
- Round-table with Industry: A round-table with partners from industry, the industrial chemistry and the sustainable chemistry (inter)divisions will discuss the current situation regarding employment and related skills required.
- How to identify your competences: Knowing oneself and its own competences is a key step before applying and answering right to a job position. Our partner will host a presentation to guide you through this.
- CV Clinic: You want to evaluate your résumé with a professional? Get accurate advice about how to make it better and clearer for applications? Come to our C.V clinic sessions, everyday at lunch time.
- The French Young Chemists’ Network (RJ-SCF) will organize for you social events in the evening for you to meet truly incredible people and build your network.
- Representative and active members from the following networks will be present to share their experience and help young chemists connect, without borders.
- European Young Chemists Network: Check their website and meet them onsite to talk about any career in Europe.
- International Younger Chemists Network: Check their website and discuss about opportunities around the world.
- Guidelines for a successful grant application: Writing a grant is a critical activity for young researchers to be able to develop their research. Come and attend a presentation dedicated to providing key advice for a successful application from successful applicants.
- How to make chemistry sexy and attractive again? Young students will be someday the future researchers who will carry the excellence of French chemistry and innovative work. Come and attend a lecture from a passionate teacher with truly innovative ideas.
Communication and Poster Prizes
More info coming soon.